Welcome to Sovereign Accountancy

Sovereign Accountancy is here to help self employed people and small businesses by taking the financial paperwork away from you, giving you more time to concentrate on your own skills and your customers.

We can act for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, (including flat management companies), charities, clubs and associations. Or you may just need us to do a tax return for you.

We have been involved with accountancy for 33 years and are fully qualified to carry out the services that we offer. We set up Sovereign Accountancy in Exmouth in June 2012.

Mark Hazell is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.

Alison Hazell has qualified with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and we have Professional Indemnity Insurance that covers all the work we undertake.

Between us we cover the whole range of accountancy. and bookkeeping requirements for small businesses.

Because this is our speciality, we find it easy! So let us take the worry of managing it away from you.

Our preferred software is Sage, but we can also use Excel for smaller sets of accounts.

If you are already in business and have some partial accounts, we can pick up where you have left off.

  • Bookkeeping Services - Nominal, Purchase, Sales ledgers, cash and bank reconciliations, processed at intervals that suit you. Also management reports and year end accounts
  • Payroll - weekly/fortnightly/four weekly/monthly to suit your needs.
  • Workplace Pension - we can help you to get started on your Staging Date, provide your employees with correspondence from you as their employer and make the returns to your Pension provider on pay day
  • VAT Returns - if you are VAT registered, these need to be calculated and sent to HMRC quarterly
  • Business Start-Up Advice - we can advise you whether you are setting up as a sole trader, partnership or limited company
  • Self Assessment Tax Returns - these need to be completed up to 5th April every year, and filed by the following January if sent online
  • Corporation Tax Returns - these need to be completed and filed with HMRC within nine months of the company‚Äôs year end
  • Clubs' and Charities' Accounts - end of year accounts and annual reports as required

For more details please call us on 01395 22 32 32 or email enquiries@sovereignaccountancy.co.uk.

Latest News

2016/2017 tax year

3 April 2016

6th April sees the start of a new tax year. Personal tax allowance, State... more >

Workplace Pensions

3 April 2016

Micro employers are now beginning to reach their staging dates. An Employer... more >

National Living Wage

3 April 2016

The new National Living Wage was introduced on 1 April. This is set at £7.20... more >

Website by Clarified Web Design